Teams and Walkers
Select a Team:
What is a Star Walker?
Star Walkers are AIDS Walk Los Angeles fundraising elite: those who set a goal to raise $1,000 or more. In 2015, Star Walkers raised more than $1million of the nearly $2.4 million total!
There is no obligation to reach your goal of $1,000 or more. However, as a Star Walker, you will receive personalized support and fundraising advice from our Star Walker Coordinator, Quanie to help you get there. When you reach that goal, you will receive royal treatment on the day of the walk, among other special perks!
Star Walker Perks
- Invitation to special receptions honoring your unique contribution to AIDS Walk Los Angeles.
- Exclusive fundraising tips, e-newsletters, and contest entries.
- Star Walker Fundraising Kit with additional Sponsor Forms, Star Walkers Club Note Cards, and more to help you reach your goal.
- Express Sign-In at the exclusive Star Walkers Club Sign-In Area on the day of the event.
Benefits of Reaching Your Star Walker Goal
- VIP Star Walker Access Pass granting you access to the exclusive Star Walker Breakfast on the morning of AIDS Walk Los Angeles.
- All official AIDS Walk Los Angeles Fundraising Awards.
- AIDS Walk Los Angeles Commemorative Walker Pin and Star Walker Lapel Pin.
- Star Walker Gold Crown (our tradition!).
- A Star Walker Certificate recognizing your fundraising total. This is prime posting and flaunting material!
VIP & Star Walker Breakfast Map
Sponsored exclusively by Macy's
Please follow the route indicated by arrows to avoid street closures.
Parking accommodations will be in the City Hall East parking garage, located at 201 N. Los Angeles St., L.A. 90012 on the west side of Los Angeles Street between Temple Street and 1st Street. It is important that you arrive at the parking structure no later than 7:45 a.m., as AIDS Walk-related street traffic will make it difficult to access after that time. Guests arriving on foot must also check in on Main Street outside the east entrance of City Hall. Only Star Walkers with official parking passes are allowed to park at City Hall.
The VIP & Star Walker Breakfast is from 8—9 a.m.
Special Programs for Top Star Walkers
Be a Gold Star Walker – raise $2,500 or more!
As a reward for raising $2,500, Gold Star Walkers receive the “24 karat” plastic gold crown in addition to all Fundraising Awards, as well as entry into special events and contests, and so much more!
Be a Platinum Star Walker – raise $10,000 or more!
Our Platinum Star Walkers are AIDS Walk royalty not only on the day of the Walk and but throughout the year! On the day of the AIDS Walk day, they receive each of the Fundraising Awards, a specialty "Platinum" Star Walker Crown, and two guest passes to the Star Walker Breakfast, generously sponsored by Time Warner Cable. They also gain special access to APLA Health events throughout the year and are invited to take personal tours of APLA Health!
Contact the Star Walker Coordinator
Check in at anytime with our Star Walker Coordinator, Quanie! She can answer your questions about the Star Walkers Club, help you get registered as a Star Walker, and assist you with your fundraising efforts!