Welcome to Janet Mays's Page
On Sunday, October 23rd, I will be participating in AIDS Walk LA.
Please pledge what you can - no amount is too small!
AIDS Walk Los Angeles is a 10-kilometer (6.2-mile) fundraising walkathon benefiting APLA and more than 20 other L.A. County AIDS service organizations. Your donation supports the lifesaving work of AIDS Project Los Angeles and the thousands of men, women, and families who depend on it.
Here’s what your donation can help provide:
• $25 = Three HIV tests and HIV counseling to link those who are positive into care
• $50 = provides 15 bags of groceries from APLA’s Vance North Necessities of Life Program (NOLP) food pantries
• $100 = 100 safer sex kits to help stop the spread of HIV
• $500 = provides 36 transit passes so that APLA Health clients can get to and from their medical appointments
• $1000 = provides 20 dental checkups for APLA Health clients throughout Los Angeles County
Despite advancements made in the treatment and prevention of HIV, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that the overall rate of infection continues to rise.
Thanks so much for your support!!